Alright well this is my first post since I'm a new Livejournal user. Anyway, I was going through the posts and decided to post this up.
First, hi, how is everyone? Great? Haha, okay. I'm working on a newsie fic and I've decided to come and ask for some opinions on things. I'm working on a series of original stories and I've been trying out characters in fan-fictions. Also I've been trying to progress my style while figuring out what kind of genres I prefer.
Enough about all that, I have some questions about writing newsie fics. If anyone would answer that would be great.
1. Would it be better to have the newsie accent in the dialogue?
2. Is it possible to have a female character put into the newsie universe without her being a Mary-Sue? Or at least an obvious Mary-Sue?
3. Are there characters that you think are ignored or misrepresented? Like Oscar and Morris always trying to attack the girl.
4. What are plot lines that are over-used? Is there something that you would really enjoy seeing in a storyline?
5. Are details important? Like describing something simple like characters hanging out instead of saying something simple such as "they ate and left. It was fun."
Just some questions that can help me make sure I don't disgrace Newsies too much. I do have a plot line that I'm hoping will be more interesting than others but still I would like to have opinions.